Knitalong ~ Dash Shawl
Please join us for our next knitalong while we knit the Dash Shawl! Trust us, knitting together is so much better than going it alone :)
The body of this shawl is knit in Sister yarn in an open stitch that is warm and cozy yet feels loose and light to wear. My favorite part about this shawl is that after you finish knitting it, you get to weave the Pixie Dust yarn in, instead of actually knitting it. It's so satisfying! The result is a gorgeous combination of textures and color that make up a completely unique shawl.
Weaving in the Pixie Dust also shines a light on the beautiful nature of this handspun yarn. It is loaded with texture, so many fibers colors (unless you pick white!) and in some cases, sparkling angelina fiber. We'll knit this shawl from the bottom up as well, so if you decide you want to customize the size to be smaller or larger, that's easy to do.
Here's what you can expect in our knitalong:
* In depth blog posts and how to videos to guide you from casting on to casting off plus round the clock help from us if you need it! See blog schedule below.
* 10% off the cost of the yarn - special just for knitalong (KAL) participants. The prices here are 10% less than the regular yarn cost.
* Free pattern PDF - downloadable after purchase is complete.
* Community encouragement and support - tag us through #knitcollageKAL on social media to share your project.
What comes in your kit:
* Pattern PDF - downloadable after purchase is complete.
* Tape measure & darning needle
What's not included:
* Needles - if you'd like these added to your kit, click here to add to your cart.
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate Knitter
Needle Size: Size US 19 32"-40" long circular needles
Finished Measurements: 75" long at top edge and 25" wide at center point (not including fringe)
Calendar: Follow along with us or join and knit at your own pace! Each date there will be a new video and blog to teach you all the things.
March 23: Start date - Project overview, gauge swatching, how to knit the first few pattern rows. Click here for details.
March 30: Project check in - you're chugging away on the body of your shawl. I'll do a little video on how to make sure the yarn over holes of your shawl line up.
April 6: Casting off, blocking, weaving in your Pixie Dust yarn and adding fringe.
April 13: All done - round up blog post and video where we'll show off our work :)