High Fives Cardi ~ Knitalong Kit
Registration closes tonight, April 21st at 11:59 PT! These patterns and the knitalong will not be available for another 6 months.
Welcome to the Spring 2021 Knitalong! Our knitalongs are wonderful way to learn and grow in new ways. We accomplish that through learning knitting skills, accountability (to stick to your knitting goal!), round the clock knitting support and connection with other like-minded makers. So we hope you'll consider joining in! Watch the videos below to learn what sets them apart!
About the pattern:
The High Fives Cardi is the perfect blend of preppy and chic for those days where you want to be stylish and comfortable. Worked from the top down seamlessly, this cardigan is a modified drop shoulder style that has a slightly oversized fit. Stranded knitting is used throughout the body to showcase an argyle colorwork pattern, while simple lace is worked on the shoulders and throughout the sleeves. The colorwork and lace are beginner friendly so that you can successfully create a fun cardigan that is a great transition piece to wear between the seasons. Tap the link here to check out our Ravelry page for this style and see the test knits for the High Fives Cardi on a range of beautiful bodies!
* Please note that this kit is for a bonus pattern style, so there will not be a video tutorial accompanying this kit.
Here's what you can expect in our knitalong:
~ Exclusive - these patterns will be exclusive to those that sign up for our KAL for 6 months. You will have access to all 5 patterns and video tutorial content forever through teachable.
~ Round the clock help - Amy and the Knit Collage team are here to help you make your project a total success! Zoom help sessions with knitting teachers when you need it.
~ Bonuses (!!!): This time around we are offering a ton of bonus patterns, the Flower Power Cardi, the Gumdrop Sweater, and the High Fives Cardi, plus a discount to purchase yarn for any future project at 20% off (you'll get that at the end of the KAL).
~ Mindfulness - restorative yoga classes with incredible Boston area teachers, blog post and events with celebrity knitters who will share about how knitting helped them find their creative voices.
The kits will be available for ONE WEEK only. You'll be able to purchase them from April 14th through the 21st.
What comes in your kit:
* The yarn needed to complete this project, including 3-5 skeins of Spun Cloud and 2-3 skeins of Wildflower yarn. The samples pictured are in the combo's: Vanilla/Reflection Pool and Breezy/Ochre Rose.
* Knitalong Guide with the pattern and all the info and resources you'll need to be successful with your project. You will receive this as a PDF download with your kit purchase that you will receive by email when your kit ships.
* Muslin pouch, tape measure, darning needle, 8 Cocoknits stitch markers, faux leather Knit Collage label for you to sew onto your finished KAL piece and a pretty embellished ribbon from Amy's India travels tying it all together.
What's not included:
* Needles - if you'd like these added to your kit, click here to see them.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner to Intermediate Knitter
Size US 17 (12 mm) 40” / 100 cm circular needle or size needed to obtain gauge for the body and collar and to work sleeves using the magic loop method (or additional needles of the same size for your preference of working small circumference knitting)
Sizes: 1 (2, 3, 4, 5)[6, 7, 8, 9]
33 (37, 41, 45, 49)[53, 57, 61, 65]" / 84 (94, 104, 114.5, 124.5)[134.5, 145, 155, 165] cm
Recommended to be worn with 3-5” / 7.5-12.5 cm of positive ease at the bust. Sample is shown in a size 2 on a 39” / 99 cm bust with 2” / 5 cm of negative ease.
7.5 sts and 11 rows = 4” / 10 cm in stockinette stitch worked flat using Spun cloud,steam-blocked.
Main Color (MC): 3 (3, 3, 4, 4)[4, 4, 5, 5] skeins Spun Cloud (100% wool; approx. 100 yds / 200 g) sample 1 is shown in French Vanilla and Sample 2 in Breezy Blue.
Contrasting Color (CC): 2 (2, 2, 2, 2)[3, 3, 3, 3] skeins Wildflower (100% cotton; approx. 60 yds / 70 g) sample 1 shown in Reflection Pool and sample 2 in Ochre Rose.
Pattern Designer: Laurel Gervitz