Knitalong ~ Rustic Handspun Poncho
Join us for our first ever knit along while we knit the Rustic Handspun Poncho!
The body of your poncho is knit in Sister yarn and the stripes in contrasting Cast Away yarn. The effect is a stunning mix of stitches, texture and color. This design features a rib neck and is knit top down, a total cinch to knit! The fit is oversized and loose, making it ideal for all body types. The body length is easy to adjust and details on how to do that are given in the pattern.
Here's what you can expect:
* In depth blog posts and how to videos to guide you from casting on to casting off plus round the clock help from us if you need it! See blog schedule below.
* 10% off the cost of the yarn - special just for knitalong (KAL) participants. The prices here are 10% less than the regular yarn cost.
* Free pattern PDF - downloadable after purchase is complete.
* Community encouragement and support - tag us through #knitcollageKAL on social media!
What comes in your kit:
* Pattern PDF - downloadable after purchase is complete.
What's not included:
* Needles, stitch markers and a tapestry needle for weaving in ends are not included - you'll need to get these on your own. See below for details on what needle size you'll need.
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate Knitter
Size: One size fits all
Finished Measurements: Length at center front- 25" on our sample
Designer: Cheryl Kubat
Calendar: Follow along with us or join and knit at your own pace!
Nov 2: Start date - See our first blog post with a video on how to knit in the round and create the turtleneck rib portion of your poncho here.
Nov 9: You've finished the rib turtleneck - now I'll help you with increases stitches for the body of your poncho in a video. See our second set of videos here.
Nov 16: You're chugging along on the body of your poncho and now it's time to add in your Cast Away stripes. See our third set of KAL videos here.
Nov 21: Time to cast off - blog post & how to video on finishing here.
Dec 2: All done - time to share our work on the blog here.